Activated charcoal . . . the new 'it girl' for your skin! 'Reboot' your skin with this clarifying, detoxing and brightening mask. Purifying kaolin clay, soothing colloidal oatmeal, natural oils and activated charcoal work wonderfully together to pull out impurities and promote healthy skin regeneration.
This mask includes:
- Kaolin Clay - Also known as China Clay, this chemical free clay is known for it's skin detoxifying and cleansing properties. Kaolin clay contains a high content of silica that helps in removing the dead skin and encourages skin regeneration. Kaolin clay also purifies and detoxes the skin and makes it refreshed. In addition, it has unique minerals and phyto-nutrients present, which helps in eliminating toxins and oil from the skin.
- Colloidal Oatmeal - This wonderful ingredient helps soothe and moisturize skin when applied topically. Oatmeal imparts a protective layer over the skin that helps it retain its natural moisture while replenishing current moisture levels. Oats are also a rich source of avenanthramide. This is a unique group of antioxidant compounds you cannot find in other plant sources. Avenanthramides are the main actives in oats that reduce inflammation and redness. Oats are also a great natural cleansing agent in that they contain saponins. Saponins act as a gentle cleanser in that they absorb dirt and debris from the skin's surface.
- Activated Charcoal - Before you ask . . . no, this is not the same charcoal you bbq with. Activated charcoal is when carbon is infused with oxygen to prepare it for internal and external uses. This oxygenation creates a super porous surface, increasing its ability to absorb matter and toxins. Activated charcoal is said to be one of the most absorbent cosmetic ingredients having the ability to absorb thousands of times its own weight.
This super absorbency makes activated charcoal an ideal ingredient for oily and/or acne prone skin types. It is draws out impurities and can help prevent further breakouts.
Activated charcoal is also used as an anti-aging ingredient in that it tightens pores. It can also help in reducing inflammation which is important to help prevent premature aging.
Sweet Almond Oil - This oil has a high percentage of Vitamin A, E, B1, B2, and B6. It also contains Vitamin E, which nourishes the skin. Sweet Almond oil helps in soothing skin inflammation and skin disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema. It also can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avocado Oil - Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants like vitamin A, E and D. These antioxidants help the skin to be suppler, and are thus particularly good for dry and aged skin. Avocado oil is also useful in the treatment of a variety of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Lavender Essential Oil - Lavender is probably one of the most widely used oils for a number of reasons. It can helps reduce anxiety and tension and promotes a restful nights sleep. It's also been knows to sooth occasional skin irritations.
- Peppermint Essential Oil - Just a tad of peppermint oil is added to our mask as a refreshing 'burst' to your skin.
Each mask is in an 8oz plastic jar with black lid. Mask contents weigh approx. 3oz.
DETOX FACE MASK | CLAY+OATMEAL+CHARCOAL 100% NATURAL
In a non-metal bowl mix approx. 2 tsp. dry face mask with 1-2 tsp. of water* with a wooden or plastic spoon. (Note: metal can create an adverse reaction with the clay and charcoal).
Mix to a paste and apply to a freshly washed face. Leave on for 10-15 min tues until dry. Wash with warm water, pat dry and apply a natural moisturizer. Use 1-2 times/week for best results.
*Want to 'kick it up a notch'? Instead of water use apple cider vinegar, aloe vera gel, honey or herbal tea for added benefits. You can also use more/less water if you prefer a thicker/thinner mask.